Get rid of dry scalp with these easy steps
Is your scalp itchy? Before you go thinking that your scalp has been infested with lice or maybe dandruff, there is a more probable reason that your scalp is feeling all scratchy - this can easily just be a symptom of DRY SCALP.
Your scalp can get dry as a result of changes in the weather or sometimes as a result of harmful ingredients in hair products that you use like sulphate which can strip your hair of its natural oils. Asides the persistent itching, other signs of a dry scalp include dandruff, soreness or sometimes hair loss in extreme cases.
How do you get rid of dry scalp? Here is a list of solutions I have personally curated that has worked for me to get rid of dry scalp;
Coconut Oil treatment
Coconut oil is clinically proven to treat dry scalp because of its antifungal and antibacterial properties which deeply moisturizes the scalp and reduces the risk of infections.
I recommend the Whipped Coco Shea butter which is a combination of coconut oil and shea butter to penetrate and treat dry scalp while leaving your scalp feeling smooth and refreshed.
Apply a generous amount and massage unto your scalp letting it sit for 10 minutes before washing as you normally would.This protects your scalp from drying out completely. Also, make sure to use a sulphate-free shampoo.
Please don’t forget to Moisturize once more after your hair is washed.
Give your hair protein with some DIY hair masks solution
Dry, itchy scalp can also be caused by a buildup of products on your scalp and this can upset your hair’s pH balance. A great way to treat this is by giving your hair some good (Tender Loving Care) TLC by treating it to homemade hair masks to nourish your hair and keep it healthy.
The amazing thing about hair masks is that you can make it with ingredients right there in your kitchen! From fruits like avocado, banana to eggs, olive oil and aloe vera - not to worry, here is a list of hair masks you can make using ingredients in your kitchen.
INGREDIENTS THAT CAN BE FOUND IN YOUR KITCHEN TO PROMOTE HEALTHY HAIR
Pay attention to your hair
Some people have naturally dryer scalp than others and this is mostly due to hormones or our genetic makeup. You have to pay good attention to your hair to know what hair type you have. If you have dry scalp, make sure to
- Never completely dry your hair after washing it; simply tie a towel round your hair and when it is still damp - deeply massage your scalp down to your hair ends with oil or butter. Hair Growth is great for this!
- Use a sulphate-free shampoo and conditioner - Sulphate is a common ingredient in shampoos and conditioner as it is a foaming agent that creates lather. However, this ingredient also strips your hair of its natural oils which in turn promotes dry scalp so steer clear of it!
- Wash your hair less - The less you wash your hair, the less it dries so if you have dry scalp, reduce the number of times you wash your hair.
- Moisturize! Moisturize!! Moisturize!!! - Never fail to hydrate and moisturize your hair. To hydrate your hair, just put some water in a spray bottle and spray all over your hair and then moisturize.
- Oh, and don’t forget to drink lots of water to hydrate your hair from the inside out
Oils are perfect to get rid of dry scalp because they not only moisturize, they penetrate and seal which means that your scalp and hair is protected from infections and other external harm! How cool is that?
Personally, I mix the Braid Oil with Jojoba Oil for maximum protection on my scalp as well as for my strands. It doesn’t get better than that!
Have you ever dealt with dry scalp before? How did you deal with it?
Eat your way to hair growth with these yummy Biotin gummies
Ever wanted to take supplements but then you look at the pills and you go “UGH! Not again!” If you’re like me, then the sight of pills simply makes me sick; it doesn’t really matter if they’re supp...قراءة المزيد
Top 7 hair care books that will change your perception about natural hair
I always encourage naturalistas to not just take good care of their hair but to be open to literature and other materials that will help them to appreciate their natural hair better. Owing to the...قراءة المزيد