Finding The Perfect Hair Conditioner 101
When it comes to proper scalp and hair care, there is no one-size-fits-all solution.. Conditioning your hair is important in enhancing the condition of your hair, keeping it healthy. out the pH balance of your hair. Conditioner is usually the second step to hair washing While shampoo is formulated specifically to clean off sweat, dead skin cells, and hair products, conditioner makes hair softer and easier to manage. It also protects hair shafts from damage.
Conditioners also add shine to your tresses, and protect your hair from friction, heat styling, and humidity. Locks that are regularly conditioned are also less prone to tangling and frizz.
Believe it or not, bad hair days can often start with how you condition your hair and scalp. This can in turn can affect how easy it is to style your hair. If you’ve been experiencing unruly and unmanageable hair, chances are you’re using the wrong hair conditioner.
With the wide variety of hair conditioner available these days, it’s even tougher to find ‘the one’ for your hair type. To help you make a decision, here’s our guide to choosing the right conditioner for you!
Choosing what is right for your hair type
When choosing a conditioner, take into account your hair type and styling routine. Hair with different textures will need different ingredients to best treat it. And if you blow-dry your hair every day or get it colored often, it will need extra moisture.
Color treated hair
If your hair has been bleached, colored, or permed, it will have extra wear and tear. Look for shampoo and conditioner made for color treated hair. You can also ask your salon for recommendations. But as much as possible try to refrain from conditioners that contain lots of synthetic chemicals. As they all says “ The more Natural the better”.
Some people have thicker hair shafts than others. If this is the case for you, you may want to look for a stronger conditioner that will better heal and protect your hair.
Curlies this is for you !. Curly hair can be prone to dryness and frizz. If your hair is curly, you may need to be more diligent about spreading conditioner evenly over your head. Keep a wide-tooth comb in the shower, and run it through your hair after applying the conditioner.
Avoid Products with this type of chemicals
Hair conditioners work like facial moisturizers. They restore hydration and help the scalp stay balanced, which leads to healthier, more manageable hair that’s easier to style.
There are a lot of ingredients that your hair and scalp are better off without. Some can leave your scalp itchy and flaky or red and sensitive.
Some ingredients can throw off the scalp’s natural pH balance, which is essential for healthy hair. Here are a few culprits you’ll want to consider avoiding:
- Sodium chloride - Also known as table salt, sodium chloride leeches moisture from the scalp, drying it out.
- Synthetic fragrance - Sure, it may smell nice, but the alcohol used to deliver the fragrance can dry out your scalp. Use a conditioner with natural fragrance instead.
- Quaternium-15 - While most often used in eye shadows, it’s also present in some of the more popular hair conditioners. This preservative has been classified as a skin irritant that converts into formaldehyde, a known carcinogen preservative has been try to Switch to Organic Conditioners.
Although some people say organic products are quite expensive but trust us, organic conditioners are way more better than synthetic made conditioners that might harm your hair scalp in the long run.
Natural hair conditioners are mostly made of essential oils packed with the right vitamins and nutrients that help to nourish your hair and scalp.
Lots of people are concerned about oily, flat hair, so they only condition the hair from mid-shaft to the ends. That’s a problem. Your scalp is where the hair shaft grows and it needs hydration and nutrients to be its healthiest.
Make sure the hair conditioner features natural emollients, amino acids, vitamins and softeners. Specific ingredients to look for are:
- Shea butter - It’s rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals.
- Aloe Vera - It nourishes and hydrates the hair and scalp.
- Panthenol - Helps improve the texture of the hair, adding body and sheen
- Vitamin E - Softens the hair, provides essential healthy-hair nutrients, and soothes & protects the scalp.
- Ginger root - It stimulates the scalp and follicle, helping to promote hair growth.
- Organic Nettle Leaf Extract - Nettle leaves are rich in minerals like iron, magnesium and zinc which can help to protect the scalp from damage and stimulate new hair growth.
- Organic Korean Ginseng Extract - Helps increase the dermal papilla cells in the scalp preventing their natural cell death. It may also help stimulate the scalp thereby encouraging new hair growth.
- Seaweed Extract - Seaweed is packed with zinc and vitamins A & C which helps stimulate hair growth and thickness.
- Organic Camellia Leaf Extract - The catechins in the leaf extract drastically reduce the 5 - alpha - reductase that is responsible for hair loss.
- Jojoba Oil - Jojoba oil is rich in vitamins and minerals that helps prevent hair loss and promote hair thickness.
- Hemp seed oil - Rich in omega 3,6,9 and fatty acid that helps promote hair growth.
- Biotin - An essential hair nutrient that supports healthy and thicker hair.
Conditioning is important for maintaining a healthy scalp. Regular heat styling seeps moisture from the scalp and hair.
Understanding your hair and scalp type can help you understand how to choose the right conditioner the next time you’re shopping for a new hair conditioner—and give your hair the opportunity to give you more good days than bad.
Say Goodbye to thinning and unhealthy looking hair our Natural Biotin Conditioner is packed with natural and organic essential vitamins to help your hair feel very soft and hydrated. It is Sulfate free and made with 100% natural ingredients such as Olive, Jojoba and Hemp Seed Oils which smooth and hydrate strands as Rice Protein strengthens hair cuticles for a fuller, smoother appearance.Our Biotin conditioner is formulated to reduce hair thinning by promoting hair growth and thickness and helps reduce hair breakage. Also Biotin conditioner is packed with Biotin, Pro-Vitamin B5, Ginseng, and Seaweed Extract work to nourish the scalp and fortify strands for hair that grows strong from root to ends. It helps restore damaged and thinning hair back to health with consistent use and at the same time the ingredients help cleanse the scalp and condition your hair leaving it clean and hydrated. This specially formulated conditioner combines the restorative benefits of botanical extracts and vitamins to promote healthy, long-term growth.