What You Need to Know Before Switching To Natural Shampoo
Organic and natural products are increasingly popular with almost 45% of the population buying them and a further 20% saying they would like to start buying them. But, how easy and affordable is it to shop naturally? And are their significant benefits? We take a look at the best things about using natural shampoo.
Why Go Natural?
One of the benefits of natural shampoo obviously is you know exactly what you and your family has been exposing to. You know that is 100% because natural organic products do not contain any harmful chemicals that could be harmful to you and to your family in the long run. Switching to a natural shampoo can potentially help your scalp and hair look and feel healthier. Conventional shampoo ingredients helps get rid of dirt from your hair but, they can also strip your hair and scalp of natural oils. For sure you don’t want to walk around with greasy hair, but retaining some of your skin’s natural oil can prevent dryness, which can lead to itchy scalp from dry, rough hair.
In addition to drying out your skin, the chemicals used in hair products can also do damage to the environment. Whenever we get a bath or shower, the shampoos and soaps we use are washed down the drain with the water. We may not always think about it, but that water is then recycled and harmful chemicals can end up in our rivers and seas. On the other hand, natural organic shampoos contain eco-friendly ingredients that are safe and don't cause any harm in our environment.
What to Look For In Choosing Your Natural Shampoo?
So, what should you look out for when choosing your natural shampoo? experts suggest, to make sure the label does not contain more than 9 ingredients; products with more are most likely to contain harmful synthetic ingredients. Reading labels is important when switching to natural shampoo. Look for products that are made from natural ingredients. It takes time and effort to investigate man-made ingredients, so as a simple general rule of thumb, try to look for a minimal ingredient list with items that aren’t impossible to pronounce. The best thing to do, is to look for ingredients that are naturally derived. In other words, they’re made from things found in nature, such as fragrances derived from plants and fruits.
In particular, they recommend looking for shampoos containing organic products such as Aloe Vera extract, coconut oil, avocado extract and other essential oils. (the purer the better) These are proven to stimulate hair growth as they moisturize the scalp effectively. For super shiny hair, choose Shea butter..
There are a few specific ingredients to avoid when shopping for a natural shampoo. Look for products that are parabens and phthalates free, especially as innovations in natural preservatives and fragrances eliminate the need for these ingredients. You may also choose to avoid foaming, like sulfates, which are added to shampoos to create a bigger lather. Unfortunately, they can also strip your hair of its natural oil. Bubbles are fun, even when you’re an adult, but that doesn’t mean your shampoo has to be sudsy to work.
What To Expect?
The most noticeable difference one can see when beginning to use a natural shampoo is that it will not produce as much lather as a conventional shampoo, due to the absence of synthetic foaming agents. This is not an indication that the hair is not being thoroughly cleansed, rather it indicates that the hair’s natural oils are not being washed out. Adding a little water after you’ve started applying your natural shampoo can help create a lather. You can even dilute it in advance by combining water and shampoo together in a spare bottle, making it easier to use quickly.
It is recommended that hair be washed twice when using a natural shampoo, as the second wash will produce slightly more lather. This is because there is less buildup – dirt, oil, dry skin – to eliminate in the second wash. Furthermore, when the strands hold more water in the second wash, it increases the shampoo’s ability to produce more lather.
It can take a few days for your scalp to adjust when switching to a natural shampoo. In the beginning, it may feel like your hair is oilier and heavier than normal. One important trick is to make sure you rinse your hair well, as any residual shampoo can make your hair feel heavier. After a few washes, however, your scalp will adjust and you’ll probably find, like I did, that your hair’s texture is more well-balanced with less oil at the roots and healthier, moist tips. You may even notice your hair is fuller, as some people may experience better hair growth as a result of switching.
What Product Do We Recommend?
Say Goodbye to thinning and unhealthy looking hair. Try GNO BIOTIN SHAMPOO . Our natural biotin shampoo is packed with natural and organic essential vitamins to help your hair feel very soft and hydrated.
- Our biotin Shampoo is formulated to reduce hair thinning by promoting hair growth and thickness and helps reduce hair breakage.
- Our biotin shampoo is packed with Biotin, Pro-Vitamin B5, Ginseng, and Seaweed Extract work to nourish the scalp and fortify strands for hair that grows strong from root to ends.
- It helps restore damaged and thinning hair back to health with consistent use and at the same time the ingredients help cleanse the scalp and condition your hair leaving it clean and hydrated.
Main ingredients used in our shampoo to promote a healthy hair growth are:
- Organic Nettle Leaf Extract - Nettle leaves are rich in minerals like iron, magnesium and zinc which can help to protect the scalp from damage and stimulate new hair growth.
- Organic Korean Ginseng Extract - Helps increase the dermal papilla cells in the scalp preventing their natural cell death. It may also help stimulate the scalp thereby encouraging new hair growth.
- Seaweed Extract - Seaweed is packed with zinc and vitamins A & C which helps stimulate hair growth and thickness.
- Organic Camellia Leaf Extract - The catechins in the leaf extract drastically reduce the 5 - alpha - reductase that is responsible for hair loss.
- Jojoba Oil - Jojoba oil is rich in vitamins and minerals that helps prevent hair loss and promote hair thickness.
- Hemp seed oil - Rich in omega 3,6,9 and fatty acid that helps promote hair growth.
- Biotin - An essential hair nutrient that supports healthy and thicker hair.
- This specially formulated shampoo combines the restorative benefits of botanical extracts and vitamins to promote healthy, long-term growth.
Natural Hair “A Must” Night Routine
We have seen hundreds of blogs about conditioning, shampooing, or styling your natural hair. Yet to be honest unfortunately, I haven’t heard as many conversations about taking care of the hair at ...En savoir plus
Type 4 Natural Hair Products Must Have
We can't deny that our hair can be temperamental and hard to manage if you do not use the right products. This is especially true for type 4 hair. It is kinky, wiry, tightly coiled, and extremely f...En savoir plus
Laisser un commentaire
Ce site est protégé par reCAPTCHA, et la Politique de confidentialité et les Conditions d'utilisation de Google s'appliquent.