Nov 05 , 2020
I always encourage naturalistas to not just take good care of their hair but to be open to literature and other materials that will help them to appreciate their natural hair better.
Owing to the fact that your beautiful crown doesn’t just serve to make you look even more beautiful but is also symbolic, then it is no news that some amazing books have been written about the topic.
Reading books on the topic will not only help answer the tons of questions you may have about your natural hair, it will also help you to sieve out the bad information from the good ones to help you have a more knowledgeable and open mind about being natural.
Here are 9 hair books I recommend for you to read as a naturalista:
- The Science of Black Hair - This book did not just explore the difficulties associated with rocking black, textured hair but also offered solutions on how to best deal with the challenges. Audrey Davis-Sivasothy, the author fully explored and broke down the structure of natural hair while offering priceless advice on natural hair to women who are serious about their natural hair game. The book is your natural hair handbook, best belief.
- Chocolate Hair Vanilla Care - CHVC is a godsend to parents or guardians who have no idea or experience on how to tackle natural hair care for their young ones. Author Rory Mullen did an amazing job of providing not just text but visual illustrations of different hairstyles and dos for your child’s natural hair together with how to properly style it. From twists to cornrows, you’ll easily fall into a hair routine that you and your child will love.
- If You Love It, It Will Grow: A Guide To Healthy, Beautiful Natural Hair - Dr Phoenyx Austin, who is also a beauty and textured hair expert, created this comprehensive guide to not just taking care of your natural hair but a guide on how to grow your hair to its maximum length. With a background of research on the uniqueness of textured hair, the author also provides some of her unique recipes which she has used to achieve the long, full hair that she proudly rocks.
- The Science of Transitioning: A Complete Guide to Hair Care for Transitioners and New Naturals - If you’re currently transitioning or thinking of doing so, then you need to read this book. Also written by Audrey Davis-Sivasothy (author of The Science of Black Hair), this book will teach you how to properly transition to natural hair; how to manage multiple textures, as well as styling options to get the best out of your hair while transitioning.
- Grow It: How to Grow Afro-Textured Hair to Maximum Lengths in the Shortest Time - Have a problem with length retention? Then you gotta have this book! Grow It treats all the reasons why you might be having problems with retaining your natural hair length plus her Six-Step process that will guarantee longer hair length. Written by Chicoro, she shares her personal experience with retaining hair length - a problem that many naturalistas faces and offers the solution in a realistic manner.
- The Natural Hair Bible: The 10 Commandments of Black Hair Care - Hair Bible is literally a book of commandments for your natural hair! Addressing popular topics like the Big Chop, how often to trim your hair, swimming with natural hair, weaves and extensions as related to natural hair and so much more, the author Breanna Rutter, also shares her personal hair stories and experiences, connecting better with her readers. You will also have guides on how to buy products for your particular hair type, numerous DIYs, and tips on how to maintain and properly care for your hair in different situations.
- Grow it Kinky: How to Grow Long Kinky Textured Natural Hair - 4C or 4B hair anyone? This book is for you! If you’re a newbie to taking care of your kinky coils, make it a little less challenging with a practical guide from author Ariane Roberts, who has a head full of 4C coils as well. You’ll learn tips for length retention, how to overcome brittle and dry hair, and prevent breakage, especially for your tightly coiled hair.
Have you read any of these books? Which is your favorite or which one would you like to read? Let’s talk in the comments!
BONUS : GLAMMEDNATURALLYOIL FOUNDER's E-BOOK
Yes! You've seen it right! Our Founder/CEO @jummiegrow just released her first-ever E-book with the title 30 Days Hair Care Calendar, this includes all her hair care treatment using our very own GlammedNaturallyOil products that helped her recover from post-partum Alopecia. It contains tips and tricks on how to keep your healthy, strong, and vibrant. They say that what you do for 30 days becomes a habit so we would like to remind you that the key is always patience and consistency. Enjoy this free E-book as a gift from Jummie. Yes, it’s FREE! Isn’t it amazing?! Take your hair care to the next level. Achieve your hair goals now!!!
So what are you waiting for? Grab yours now! Limited time only.